2019 Poultry Ambassador Entry Form
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY FAIR POULTRY
AMBASSADOR APPLICATION 2019
Poultry Royalty Contest Applicant Info
Held at Anne Arundel County Fairgrounds since 2010
Formerly the Poultry Princess- NOW open to ALL, ages 10-15
The objective of the Poultry Royalty contest is to increase the awareness of the poultry industry, to educate the public about the various types of poultry, and general knowledge regarding basic care of poultry. This education is done through our royalty ambassadors, the Poultry Princess or Poultry Prince, with educational talks and displays in the poultry barn during the Anne Arundel County Fair week in early September
- Make guest appearances with the Fair Queen(such as at the pie eating contest) throughout Fair Week
- Help educate the public about poultry through educational displays and various public appearances in Maryland until next fair season. (ie at garden shows, parades, farm events, rodeo, etc)
- For those contestants that did not receive the prince or princess title, they will be a member of the poultry ambassadors
- The ambassadors may assist the Prince or Princess with any and all duties related to Poultry education, as well as duties in the Poultry Barn during Fair Week
- Applicants must be between the ages of 10-15 as of 9/1/2019. Contestants do not need to own poultry to compete,but should have a passion for poultry and promoting the county fair.
- The contest will take place on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at the Anne Arundel County Fair stage and pavilion. Interviews will begin promptly after the opening ceremony, approximately 6:15. Please check inat the Poultry Royalty table in the pavilion upon your arrival for further instruction.
- The contest will consist of a personal interview with a panel of judges. The contestants will be escorted to the stage to introduce themselves, their hometown, and if they wish, any other information about themselves. The prince or princess will be crowned during intermission of the Fair Queen contest at approximately 7:30.
- The winner will receive $50 in prize money and an official crown or tiara and sash.
- Contestants should dress to impress the panel of judges. No tank tops or jeans shorts.
- Application can be found at www.aacountyfair.org Entry fee $5.
Questions can be directed to the Poultry Royalty Chairpersons:
Eva Reynolds 443-994-6530 or Amelia Reynolds
Emails: (Eva) email@example.com